Amore Hospice Care offers palliative care to patients and families in Las Vegas and throughout Clark County, Nevada. Palliative care is a special approach to caring for patients with serious illnesses. The goal is to relieve symptoms so you can spend time with loved ones and engage in activities that bring you joy.
Helping to Improve Patients’ Lives
Our palliative service focuses on providing relief from the symptoms and stress of a severe illness. It also aims to improve the quality of life for the patient and their family. It complements, rather than replaces, the treatment you receive from your primary medical providers. Here are just a few examples of support services.
- Pain Relief & Other Medication
- Assistance With Care Coordination
- Help With Decision-Making
- Identifying Resources
- Mental Health Support
- Spiritual Counseling
- Nutritional Education
- Relaxation Techniques
- Support For Caregivers
Palliative Care Vs. Hospice
Palliative care differs from hospice because not all patients receiving the former are terminally ill. You can receive palliative support alongside curative or other treatments you may be receiving, such as chemo or radiation for cancer. It is appropriate at any age and at any stage of a serious illness. You can receive it in various settings, including hospitals, nursing homes, and even at home.
Reasons To Use Palliative Care
- Relief From Pain & Other Symptoms
- Improved Communication Between Patients, Families, and Doctors
- Better Coordination Of Treatments From Different Specialists
- More Time To Enjoy Life & Make Memories With Loved Ones
- Increased Understanding Of Treatment Options
- Improved Ability To Cope With A Serious Illness
- Reduced Stress, Anxiety, & Depression
- Slower Progression Of The Underlying Disease
- Increased Survival Rates In Some Cases
- A Higher Quality Of Life For Patients & Families
Who Can Receive Palliative Support?
If you or your loved one has been diagnosed with a serious or chronic illness, you may be eligible for palliative support. Answering yes to any of these questions could indicate a need for this type of support.
- Do you have a chronic or terminal illness?
- Does your pain or other symptoms interfere with your quality of life?
- Do you need support coping with your condition?
- Are you struggling to make decisions about your care?
- Do you have complex medical needs requiring coordination with multiple providers?
- Do you need help communicating your wishes to your caregiving team?
- Are you at risk of experiencing a sudden decline in health?
- Are you concerned about your ability to remain independent and safe at home?
Does Insurance Cover Palliative Services?
Most private and public insurance plans have provisions for at least some level of palliative care while you are in the hospital or a skilled nursing or hospice facility. At home, services may or not be covered. It’s best to check directly with your health plan to understand what assistance you may be eligible for and what co-pays or additional fees you will need to cover out of pocket.
Compassionate Palliative Care in Las Vegas
At Amore Hospice Care, we understand how difficult it can be to deal with a chronic or complicated illness. That’s why we offer palliative care to patients and families throughout the Las Vegas Valley and Boulder City. Our skilled team of doctors, nurses, and specialists will do everything we can to help you get through this tough time. Please contact us today to learn more about our palliative care services.